Continuous Improvement (Kaizen as per Lean Management) may be a broad statement without context, however briefly described it is a concept referring to an organization’s determination and engagement towards achieving (1) improvements related to workflow and (2) an organizational culture that is proactively engaged in executing improvements to all business processes and organizational interactions.
Continuous Improvement is every employees responsibility and is not limited to one aspect of the organization; it includes all operating departments and personnel within the organization.
Examples of Continuous Improvement Terms & Tools:
- PDCA: Plan-Do-Check-Act
- RCA/CAPA: Root-Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Plan Analysis
- Workflow Visualization – Value Stream Mapping
As a service, PMCOM can assist you as follows:
- facilitate the process of conducting Continuous Improvement activities with you and/or your team (i.e. hosting a workshop, onsite or remote coaching and training)
- act as a facilitator to support your organization to conduct Continuous Improvement projects and facilitate the management of plans into projects/actions
- review your current process for conducting Continuous Improvement & facilitate information management to ensure actions have a process built for executing plans
- standardize your Continuous Improvement process model and integrate into your Quality Management System