From the Japanese words “kai-” which means “change” and “-zen” which means “good.” Kaizen = Good Change.
Kaizen is a concept referring to the conducting incremental continuous improvement of business processes and not limiting the integration of any Kaizen to any specific role or title within an organization; meaning it is every employee’s responsibility to engage in Kaizen.
Kaizen is both, (1) the execution of a plan of action and also (2) a cultural philosophy to be adopted by the organization.
Kaizen – Quick Review:
- typically consisting of short spurts of effort to achieve quick results to improve quality in a process, product or service
- involves members from cross-functional teams or departments
- involves personnel from various management levels
As a service, PMCOM can assist you as follows:
- facilitate the process of conducting Kaizen events/activities with you and/or your team (i.e. hosting a workshop, onsite or remote coaching and training)
- act as a facilitator to support your organization to conduct Kaizen projects and facilitate the management of plans into projects/actions
- review your current process for conducting Kaizen & facilitate information management to ensure actions have a process built for executing plans
- standardize your Kaizen process model and integrate into your Quality Management System