Activities or endeavors that are temporary in nature; having a defined beginning and an end in order to create a unique product, service or result.
Examples of projects include:
- the installation of a new piece of equipment
- the development of a new business market, portfolio or product offered
- the improvement of processes within a business entity such as Health and Safety, Operations or Quality departments among others
- the development of a business process such as increasing efficiency in processing sales order or improving product delivery time, etc.
- a plan to execute multiple tasks or work plans during a specific time (e.g. a facility planned maintenance period)